In 2009, the number of applicants for the CAT exams had reached a high of 242,000. After that, there has been a steady decline every year.
In 2010 and 2011, it was around 205,000. In 2012, it was 214,000 followed by 195,000 in 2013 and 189,000 in 2014.
After these declining numbers, 2015 showed a marked improvement of 15 per cent to 218,664.
One possible reason is the extension of deadline of CAT from September 20th to 25th. In this extended period, 35,632 regsitration forms were sold, against 183,032 which were sold till September 20th.
Will this year’s sale of CAT forms reverse the trend of the past five years? Or, is it the magic of “last minute” extension? One only hopes that this is a rising trend and we see an increase next year as well.
Boss’s Day Out: NDTV Profit
The show features & profiles a day in the life of MD & CEO of Aptech Limited, Mr. Ninad Karpe, in a discussion with Kanika Bhattacharya for NDTV Profit. The show was aired on March 18, 2010.
- PM's address to the nation on RTE Act 2009
- Specialized B.Sc. Courses – Yes or No?
- Union Budget 2009: Education Initiatives
- MinisterÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s 100 days Action Plan
- Economic Survey 2009 on Education
- Yashpal Committee Report on Higher Education
- Accreditation Standards for Quality School Governance
- Right of children to free and compulsory Education Act 2009
- RTE Act 2009 – Text
- Supreme Court Judgement on RTE Act – April 2012
- RTE Act 2009 – Notification on Rules (Hindi)
- RTE Act 2009 – Notification on Rules (English)
- “India Inc seeks stable policy framework”
- Stock market gainers losers election results
- Budget 2014: Industry Reactions
- Times Jobs has featured an interview with Mr. Ninad Karpe in a story titled, "Demand for mobile app developers increasing" on 30th September, 2014
- CII Participation on Bloomberg TV special show – Political Capital
- Article in Financial Express
- ITEC/SCAAP convocation ceremony
- Article in Business India – The art of brand extension
No videos found